Tuesday, February 21, 2012

happy love day

 This year our Valentine's day was pretty simple, but it's nice to have a little day set aside to make those you love feel a little special.  Houston had class until 10 that night and I had work that day so we didn't have any crazy special plans, but it was still a fun day.  I woke up that morning to Houston making me a delicious breakfast of heart-shaped french toast, strawberries, eggs, and sausage (that was more for him).  He is a mean heart-shaped french toast maker!  And, he knows french toast is my favorite so it was extra sweet.

my yummy breakfast
In the morning I usually see a bunch of little kiddos at day cares.  That morning two of my clients at a school had a valentine's party during their usual speech time, so I had a long lunch break.  My valentine's treat to myself was going to hang out with my sweet girl for a little bit.
me and my little valentine
 While I was at work my grandma stopped by and brought Elaina a little Valentine's present.  This kid loves stuffed animals! It's crazy! She absolutely loves this little bear!
cracking up playing with her teddy
 I got a special surprise at work that day too! Julie stopped by with a Valentine from Austin, some diet coke, a bedazzled eye lash curler, and my favorite chapstick!  Talk about a fun day!
Austin got a special spot on my bulletin board at work
 Later that night, Elaina and I tagged along with my parents for some Valentine's pizza.  We didn't come home until right around bed time so she wasn't super excited to open her present, but we had to document the festivity anyway!
hey present!

so excited!

what is this? I've never used one of these before

cool plate mom!

sweet girl got some plates, sweet potato puffs (SO good!), a valentine's book, veggie tales dvd, and a pink dress.  Really, Valentine's day was just a good excuse for me to buy the dress!  I didn't get a picture of it but Houston's gift was a 12 pack of his beloved Dr. Pepper 10 and some Reese's hearts.  I know what treats speak to his heart. :)

I just love my little family!

2 comments:

Julie vanHaaster said...

I LOVE the pic of Elaina with the bear!! She is adorable!!

Diana said...

So sweet. She makes a pretty cute valentine.