On Sunday we went over to Houston's parents house for their annual pumpkin carving party. It was fun although not many participated in the pumpkin carving!
Houston got in the spirit (with our ONE pumpkin) grr.
| H's grim reaper pumpkin |
| eric's pumpkin - he came very prepared and his pumpkin looked awesome. I did kind of think it looked like he was smoking a cigar! |
| victor's creepy pumpkin |
| my happy jackolantern - I thought with all the scary ones the boys made we needed a cute one in the mix |
Mimi and Elaina went trick or treating to the neighbors across the street. The two neighbors are some of my mom's best friends and they've lived there for at least the last 15 years so they were excited to see us. It was cute. Houston asked if he should come home or if he could stay at school and study. I told him to stay at school, halloween isn't really a huge deal and it's not like Elaina really understood why she was dressed as a peacock, but my mom and I had so much fun that I kind of wished he had come anyway. It was just cute that's all.
After our strenuous visit to two whole houses we went back to help my dad pass out candy. My dad is so funny, my parents ran out of candy in like two seconds because he kept giving handfuls of it to kids. I guess it's first come first serve in his book!
Well, that was the fun part of the week. *warning the following is disgusting and graphic, read with caution!
Unbeknownst to everyone the Weaver family sneakily carried with them the awful stomach bug!! Not only does the actual sickness totally stink (for lack of a much much stronger word!) it is super contagious before you actually feel any ounce of sickness. So Julie and Kayla got sick late Sunday night and Monday, Janet, Victor, Forrest, Nate, and Tamra all got sick on Monday night/Tuesday, Houston, Elaina, and I all got sick late on Tuesday and all through the night. Oh man. It was awful and disgusting and and my sweet baby is seriously a little angel. All Tuesday night I just sat up waiting to hear her over the monitor. She wouldn't ever wake up, she would just poop and it would get EVERYWHERE in two seconds. Diapers and diarrhea don't mix. But I would hear it and go in her room. I had to wake her up to change her diaper and her clothes and her sheets and she would just smile and giggle at me, we would have a few cuddles, and I'd lay her back down and she would go back to sleep. By the fourth time she wasn't as happy, she was exhausted from waking up so much (and being sick) and I fell asleep on my watch for about 30 minutes and I guess I missed a poop because she screamed hysterically when I changed her bum. So so sad. Houston woke up from the screaming and came in to try to help me but had to run out of the room because the stench made him have to vom. Wow. It was so bad. By this time Houston was awake so I told him to keep watch while I went on a WalMart run at 4 in the morning for some Pedialyte. Wednesday was spent recovering and today is Thursday and all is right in the world once again. All I can say is thank goodness the stomach bug only lasts a day. The rest of the week can only go up from here.
2 comments:
LOVE the pics of your halloween....Elaina was the sweetest little peacock ever! Ok, I am soooooo sorry about that little bug you guys got...ick! Chloe had the runs a few days ago and all I can say is thank goodness for wood floors ;) Love you guys!
sorry... yucky.
Post a Comment