Monday, October 31, 2011

happy fall y'all

I love the start of the holiday season!!  Fall is so much fun, with cooler weather and good food (especially anything with pumpkin...)  So, I coerced Houston into going with me to a pumpkin patch.  I had heard a lot about it so I thought we should go check it out!  It was fun but most of the stuff there was geared toward kids, which I expected, I just thought there would be a little more stuff for adults too.  Like, the website said there was a zip line.  I thought that sounded cool!  And, when I saw it, it was maybe 5 feet off the ground!!  Definitely for kiddos.  Anyway, we still had a really good time.  It's so fun to see the things that Elaina gets excited about.  I didn't really expect her to get into it, she really doesn't have a clue what was going on.  But,  she really took in more of the experience than I ever would have thought.  She absolutely loved the corn maze; she kept giggling the whole time we were walking through it and just kept staring at it.  She even made a grab for a leaf and promptly proceeded to try and eat it!  No surprise there!  She also absolutely LOVED the farm animals.  She just stared at the little chicks. By the time we made it to the farm animals she was super tired and started getting a little cranky but the second she saw the animals she was just so quiet and could not stop staring.  It was so cute!  She loved the chicks and the horses and the goats.  Even though it wasn't exactly what I expected and it was way out in the middle of nowhere, we had a really fun day with our little family!
walking through the corn maze with daddy

sweet girl hiding in the leaves

just chompin on some leaves

checkin out the pretty sunflowers

first trip to a pumpkin patch

our little family
*side note:  I thought ahead this year and bought pumpkins ahead of time at WalMart.  I've just come to terms with the fact that pumpkins will never be as cheap here as they were in Utah.  The last few years I kept holding out trying to wait for them to go on sale and they never did so I was left with the worst pumpkins right before halloween!  Well, this year I was going to be on top of my game and bought two pumpkins early.  I thought to myself "maybe I should get three" but decided against it because I didn't want to spend 12 bucks on pumpkins!  So, I got two and put them outside on my porch by my happy halloween yard sign!  We came home from a friends house on Friday night only to find one of my pumpkins had been stolen!! And, they also stole one of my neighbors' pumpkins too!  I was so devastated.  Houston asked me why the heck I had put it outside.  Because that's what you do with pumpkins on halloween!! Oh well.  So, I was excited to go to the pumpkin patch and replace my stolen pumpkin, but they were ridiculously expensive.  And, I thought WalMart was bad!  So, moral of the story... I don't know what the moral is but we had a good time at the pumpkin patch anyway!
hanging out with daddy

lovin the little chickies

and the horsies
 Right after Dewberry Farm we just drove straight to the trunk or treat at church.  Poor munchkin, she was so tired and had no idea why she was dressed in such a get up!  She was a trooper though and made a pretty cute peacock if you ask me!


No comments: