Tuesday, August 30, 2011

hi ho hi ho...

...off to work I went!

Last Tuesday was my first day back at work since the end of March.  Long story short, it was NOT easy on me and it was not easy on Elaina.  The whole time leading up to it, I was just thinking about me and how it made ME sad to leave her.  Yes, I love my job, but I just love my baby girl even more.  I didn't even think she would really be bothered by it, but boy was I wrong!  Anyway...today was great so here is to a better week!  And, work has been nice.  It was so fun to see all my old clients; they were so excited to see me and ran in the office to give me a hug.  Makes a girl feel special :)  It's also so fun to see the progress my kiddos have made while I was gone; makes me so proud of them!  And, while I'm trying to focus on the positive, one nice thing is that I'm only working Tuesday and Thursday, both of the days Houston is at school until 10 at night.  So instead of feeling lonely while he is gone, I spend most of the day working/talking with other people. I get to come home, play with my little bit, and then I don't mind having the rest of the evening to myself.  If I weren't working I would be pretty starved for some adult attention by the time the hubs got home :)

Since I am back at work I thought I would have another installment of "Speech Class Funnies" from things that happened last week.
(I was wearing my leopard print heels)
Q: You have a cat on your foot.
(five minutes later...)
Q: You're shaking your cat!
(What the?!  Maybe you had to be there...I was cracking up!)

This was with a new kiddo:
Me: What's my name?
D: mmm.... Ms. Christmas?
Me: close buddy. so close.

And last but not least, a picture of my Lainey Loo!  How in the world did I end up with a blue eyed baby girl??

5 comments:

chelsea Wagner said...

Ms. Christmas! Haha I love it. So hilarious! And that is one beautiful blue eyed baby!

Tyson and Shelise said...

I think that harris gene could overpower just about anything! She is so adorable :)

HolliJo said...

SO funny. And she is adorable. I'm loving her curly hair! It's super cute. Yeah, I'm pretty nervous to start working again. :( I already know my baby is high anxiety, so I can't imagine it will be good.

Julie vanHaaster said...

I was going to ask you if her eyes turned blue!! So pretty

Ben N Nessa said...

The same way I ended up with a blue eyed baby girl....???!?! Let me know when you find out! hahaha....love that you had a good time at work. The cat on your foot comment is my FAV! hahaha!