Tuesday, July 5, 2011

a name and a blessing

On father's day we had our baby girl blessed.  We decided to do it at home, well, at Houston's parent's home, and I loved it!  At first I was a little disappointed that we weren't blessing Elaina at church, but it turned out to be so nice and relaxed and right after the blessing we all got to chow down on some yummy food.  It was especially nice for me to have both of my families there! I got to share Elaina's blessing with my parents and grandparents and then they stayed for father's day dinner, which meant I didn't have to run from house to house!  Houston did a wonderful job blessing our baby girl.  He stayed up late the night before thinking of all the things he thought were important to bless her with.  It was really sweet and of course I cried.  I cry at every baby blessing so I definitely teared up for my own baby! :)
Elaina's blessing dress.  I wish she could wear it again, it was so pretty and exactly what I  wanted.
As always, Forrest out did himself taking pictures of my sweet girl's special day!
getting her all dressed

haha!! I love this picture!!
"what are you doing to me mom?!"

me and my baby girl. not the best picture of either one of us, but oh well!
a little laina photo shoot...



our little family
our big family

2 comments:

Julie vanHaaster said...

Love her blessing dress..where did you get it?? She is such a pretty baby! Stina you look so great :)

HolliJo said...

I love her dress too! She looks super adorable in it :).