Tuesday, July 5, 2011

independence day

 We had such a fun 4th of July this year!  In the morning Houston stayed home with E while I ran some errands, and then when I came home we took off and headed over to my parents house for the day.  We spent the afternoon just hanging out and making food.  Htown the grillmaster made some delicious ribs, hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken, and sausage.  My mom made beans and potato salad.  And, for dessert we pigged out on cake, apple pie, ice cream, and fudgesicles!  Since Houston's parents were out of town, we invited Julie and Forrest over for 4th of July festivities too.  We had a great time and definitely ate way too much.  And random side note... I've never said anything to them, but it cracks me up that both Houston and Julie call them fudge-icles! hehe.

This is one of the best pictures I've gotten of her smiling and it's not even close to as good as the real thing!  Her smile is so cute and big!!  But I think she gets distracted by the camera and all the noises it makes whenever I pull it out!
little american beauty

our first 4th as a family of three
 After an incredibly enormous meal we all went swimming!  The pool wears our little girl out!  I don't know if she thinks it's like a big bath or what, but she sleeps like a rock after we take her swimming.


sweet cousins swimming.  Austin loves his Laina.


having a dance party out by the pool
my sweet water baby
After spending the day at my padres' house, little bit was spent.  We just went home for a bath and bedtime.  I was a little bummed we weren't going to go see the fireworks but it just wasn't worth trying to take her.  By 8:15 she was screaming at us, "get me to bed!"  Even though we didn't see the fireworks we had a fun day with good food and got to spend some fun times with our family.  That's what holidays are all about!

No comments: