Friday, July 22, 2011

bunco babes

There is nothing quite like hanging out with good girl friends. I am so blessed to have so many great girls to spend time with around here and one of my favorite things is Bunco Night!  I think I've mentioned it on the old blog before, but my friend Tamra started our bunco group and at first I was a little iffy about it.  I just remembered my mom playing when I was little and I associated it with "old" ladies!!  But after the first night I was hooked!!  Every month we switch off and a different person hosts bunco at their house.  This month was my month!  I kind of struggled to come up with a theme.  I was going to go with 4th of July since it IS July, but I just wasn't feeling it because the 4th had already come and gone.  So, after lots of thought I came up with a Bunco Pajama Party!  I made everyone come in their pajamas and it was so funny to hear some of the girls talk about how they ran into my house so they wouldn't be seen by my neighbors in their pjs! I failed to mention that I actually went to pick up the pizza in my pajamas before they came over. Stacy and Clinton would be so ashamed ;)
bunco tables complete with starbursts and peanut butter m&ms - my two favorite candies at a sleepover!

the prizes - a gift card to the nail salon (because you do your nails at a sleepover), a bag of beauty goodies (dry shampoo, nail polish, nail file, those little toe separators, and my favorite hair spray), and the game table topics and lip gloss (because you chit chat at a sleep over too!)
For the food I tried to think of stuff you would have at a sleep over, so I made dinner, snacks, and breakfast foods.  When I was little my mom would always make blueberry muffins and kolaches for breakfast or she would make breakfast tacos (which were always a big hit) but I didn't really want to make breakfast tacos all night long.  So, I stuck with blueberry muffins and kolaches.  I'll be honest, I thought the muffins I made were kind of nasty! haha!  I always use the Betty Crocker mix and I could eat those muffins all day every day, but when I was at the store I saw different brand that was a lot cheaper so I thought I would try it.  Darn you Krusteaz muffins, you failed me!  There is a reason they were only a dollar a box!!  We had pizza as the dinner food.  And, then we had chips and salsa, brownies, and chocolate cookies as the oh so healthy snack food.




And here are all the girlies in their pajama glory!  We were a little short since it is summer, some people were out of town or busy, but we definitely had a good time!
me, jess, and danika

tamra, julie, and lydia

angie, magan, and chelsea

AND...this little bit wanted to join the party!!! Ay yay yay!  It was 11 o clock and people were going home and I hear her crying upstairs!  I go into our room and see Houston dead asleep with the monitor right next to his head.  That man can't wake up for anything!! ha! So, I went and got her and brought her downstairs.  Jess got her baby fix and Elaina was happy for about 5 minutes until she realized "holy moly I'm hungry and still stinkin tired!!"  Good thing for me she went back to bed sooner than later!

2 comments:

HolliJo said...

Aw how fun! great job with the pajama theme! And that picture of Elaina is so cute!

PS it was Jared and Heidi who had the twins!

Julie vanHaaster said...

Love the PJ theme! Looks so fun..Elaina is SO cute :)