Friday, February 18, 2011

boy oh boy.

Last Saturday I had the privilege of helping throw a baby shower for my friend Charlene. Charlene and Aaron were some of the first friends we made when we moved down here and it has been so fun being pregnant at the same time. I have someone to talk to, compare notes with, and ultimately (happily) complain about pregnancy.

This greeted all the guests as they walked in the front door. Charlene also took the I am a child of God sign home with her for little Cooper.


the special lady in front of the food table. The shower was held in the morning so all the food was breakfast-y. This side of the table was complete with yogurt parfait station.


the other side of the table had kolaches, pastries, mini quiches, cupcakes (nothing like a cupcake for breakfast!), and "dirt" cake. Charlene's sister made chocolate cake surrounded in crumbs of some sort to make it look like dirt, and then put all the cake pieces in a dump truck. It was seriously one of the cutest things I've ever seen.
And...you can see the ruffled table runner I made on the table! It turned out so cute. One of my favorite crafts I've worked on lately. Definitely took forever, definitely a labor of love, but so worth it. I got the tutorial from Tatertots and Jello.


the party favors, complete with cookies, recipe, and cookie cutter


just one pic of the gorgeous flowers my friend Jess put together


the onesie banner, I can't take credit for. :) Charlene's sister brought it from the shower she had back home over Christmas break


my rubber ducky punch. I thought it was such a cute idea but rubber ducks are seriously the hardest thing to find around here. I looked all over and only found them at one store and then I go to put them in the punch at the shower and the ducks don't even know how to "swim!" Darn ducks swam sideways! Oh well.


some party people getting some grub.


opening some presents. Charlene's niece was so excited to help give her presents to open; it was pretty precious.


Charlene and Cooper 35 weeks; Me and Elaina 31 weeks.

3 comments:

HolliJo said...

That all turned out SO cute. Can you send me the link to your ruffled table runner? I LOVE IT! :). I still can't believe you look like that with only 9 weeks left. You are the tiniest, cutest preggo lady ever. I seriously wish we lived closer. Miss you guys!

Ben N Nessa said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE! You are so crafty and creative. You are also amazing for throwing people such amazing baby showers, and I speak from the receiving end of your kindness! My fav pic was definitely the side-ways duckie punch...hahah! :)

Alexa said...

Cute shower! Isn't is SO NICE to have someone that is prego too?! I loved having two of my besties pregnant at the same time. We too compared notes / complained all the time. You are such a cute pregnant lady and I am so happy for y'all. Elaina will be here before you know it :)