just because I have a lot of random thoughts to share :)
- I really like rainy days, especially on the weekend when I can just sit around and enjoy being cozy.
- I really like planning parties for other people. I think it's like giving presents. You can't wait for them to be excited about something you did/got for them. It's fun thinking of ways to make other people happy.
- Suzy Homemaker has returned to the Harris house. I was in a craft rut and not really interested in making anything lately. But, with my Silhouette for Christmas, a baby shower for my friend coming up soon, and my sweet baby girl on her way, I have renewed interest in making stuff!!
I have made my own version of this, and this, and this is next on the to do list. And... maybe this too :) I may be a little biased but I think my versions of each project are even cuter. I'll share pictures of them later. Both the table runner and the onesie I made are for my friend's baby shower next month.
- I think my Christmas present from Houston is AWESOME!
- I'm getting really excited about meeting my baby girl.
- I REALLY want to start putting her room together. We are trying to get the guest bed out of the room, but until we do that the room just looks like baby stuff threw up all over t
he floor! :)
- I love going on road trips with my husband. I really do. He gets all excited, turns up his music loud, and dances/sings/acts silly the whole time. It reminds me of what made me fall in love with him years ago.
We drove up to Dallas two weekends ago for my uncle's art show. My uncle is an anesthesiologist by day and an artist by night. He has been working on his art for like 15 years now
(I think?). Anyway, his goal is to be a full time artist when he retires. But, this month he had his first solo art showing at a gallery in Dallas so the whole fam drove up there to
support him. Houston and I drove up a day early so I could spend some time with my friends who live there and they were all sweet enough to even come with us to the art show!
- I had my glucose test at the dr's office last week. The lab lady in the office isn't much of a chatty kathy. She probably wouldn't say a word if I didn't talk to her, but she's actually pretty chipper once I start the conversation. I was pleasantly surprised. The funky orange drink wasn't that bad... until about the last 3 gulps. Those were really hard to get down. I had to do a little swishing in the mouth before actually swallowing. That resulted in a seriously necessary teethbrushing when I got home.
*update: just got a call from my dr's office. I have to go back and do the 3 hour test. awesome...
- After I scheduled an appointment for my next visit I had to wait around for lab lady to take my blood. I pulled out my planner (nothing beats writing in a planner - the calendar in my phone is just NOT for me. Writing down and crossing off are just a necessity!) to make sure I remembered my next appointment and to waste time I started writing birthdays, anniversaries, etc. in there since it is a new year after all. I got all teary eyed when I came across Mother's Day. I'll actually be celebrating it this year. It reminded me of last year where I pretty much cried all day long. The icing on the cake was holding a friend's baby at church and she started to get fussy, so as I'm giving her back to dad, dad jokingly tells me "Guess you're not ready to have kids!" I know he was kidding and didn't mean anything by it at all. He just caught me on a bad day. I spent the next while in the bath room at church crying by myself. But, cest la vie! This year, no sad tears for Stina! :)
- 27 weeks this week!
Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 27 weeks
Size of baby: Baby H is the weight of a head of cauliflower
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 7 pounds
Maternity Clothes: I bought a pair of maternity jeans but can't bring myself to put them on. My american eagles are still holding strong! I have been wearing some maternity t shirts because they're longer; if I wear my old shirts I end up feeling like Gus on Cinderella :)
Gender: It's a girl! Elaina Noelle Harris
Movement: This little girl moves a lot, especially when I lay down to go to bed. Houston laughs because every few minutes he hears me say "ow"..."ow"........"ow!"
Sleep: I still sleep just fine.
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach
Cravings: don't really have any
Symptons: What symptoms haven't I had?? My favorite is when people ask how I'm feeling. Apparently it's the favorite question for people to ask me since I've been pregnant. I just tell them I feel great! I doubt they really want to hear the nitty gritty
Best Moment this week: having my hubby tell me how cute he thinks my belly is every day. Really makes a prego feel a little better about herself!
Best Moment this week: having my hubby tell me how cute he thinks my belly is every day. Really makes a prego feel a little better about herself!
5 comments:
LOVE all your crafting ideas, still jealous of your silhouette, can't wait to see your nursery (I love seeing what people come up with), and I'm SOOOO sorry you failed the glucose test. You're a trooper if you thought that stuff is bearable. I gag the entire bottle down. Love the belly pic, oh and hold off on maternity clothes as long as possible - they just don't make you feel cute anymore.
Um loving the crafting things. Can't wait to see pictures of what you made! Still loving the name :) She's going to be so cute. I know exactly what you mean about the room. Ugh. Ours is a disaster and it's driving me crazy! And you have the cutest baby bump ever! Wish we lived closer.....
LOVED your post...I wish we lived closer and I would let you throw me parties every day! especially excited for you to have a special Mother's Day this year :) xoxoxo
Umm...where is the baby? I'm not sure there is one even in there as your still so tiny!! I only bought 1 pair of maternity pants and started wearing them at like 27 ish weeks...I wore my other ones up until the babe was born, no rush! I cant wait to see her room and all your fun crafts! And I'm so excited its a girl!!!
Hey,
Just wanted to let you know that you are the MomsReview4you pixar cars 2 giveaway winner but you didn't leave an email address for contact. You can email me in the next 48 hours to claim your prize
http://www.momsreview4you.com/2011/07/disney-pixar-cars-2-giveaway-winner-are.html
Thanks!
Post a Comment