Sunday, October 17, 2010

Espana: el septimo dia.

This day we were back in Madrid. We kind of used it as a day to just relax. We had spent the whole trip going from city to city and constantly unpacking and repacking. We were just tired. And, my mom got sick. So she just spent most of the day in bed. My dad and I just picked a cute little plaza by our hotel to sit and read outside.

that night my dad went out in search of something for my mom to eat. First of all nobody had take out food/doggy bags, etc. So he had to find a restaurant that would do that for him first. The restaurant he finally found had vegetable soup, which sounded great for someone who was sick! So he got that. It was seriously like a vegetable puree and lime green. Not quite what he had in mind. I didn't try it but my mom said it was kind of nasty.


While my mom stayed in bed my dad, brother, and I all went to watch flamenco.


I loved the flamenco. The dancers were awesome!! Now, I'm no expert so for all I know they could have been awful but I don't think so. I was pretty impressed. The singers on the other had were painful to listen to. But I'm under the impression that that's how it was supposed to sound. The main singer guy kept saying "good singer, he's a good singer" and getting really into it any time one of the other men sang. It was pretty entertaining.


On the way back to the hotel we stopped off at good old Mickey D's.

I couldn't resist trying a cono. Meh...the ice cream wasn't as good as the conos you get here.

My dad had the munchies and ordered a meal. The guy kept asking him in spanish if he wanted the "menu" and my dad couldn't figure out what he was asking. I had to inform him... he wants to know if you want a combo! Before he ordered he asked me what a California Grill was. I told I don't know! That doesn't exist in the states. He got it anyway and said it was ok. McDonald's just getting crazy in other countries. One thing I loved when we went to McDonald's was being able to order a fountain drink!! Man, those are precious and hard to come by in Espana.

No comments: