The actual event was held at Memorial Park in Sugar Land.
my hubs getting ready for the run with a few of our friends. he ran the 5K in 23 minutes. not too shabby!
After the 5K they had a family 1 mile walk, a carnival for the kiddies, a silent auction, and a bbq lunch! It was quite the busy day!!
Kelly's dad is the drummer in a band and they came and played while everyone was eating lunch/having a good time. They were REALLY good! I wish I remembered the name of the band because then I would give them a little plug ;) but ... I don't.
this kid had a great time!! Such a boy with his cookie in one hand, dirty chocolate face, and scratch by his eye! I just love my nephew!
Now if these don't bring back childhood memories!! These little Blue Bell cups were part of the lunch. I remember my mom buying these for our birthday parties when we were little! Except back then there wasn't a plastic lid, it was paper :)
We love you Brent and Kel!! So glad we could be a part of this!!
And on a different note... Stina's Not-So-Genius Moment of the Day:
This is a storm drain.
This is Victor and Janet staring down the storm drain.
This is Houston climbing down into the storm drain.
This is Houston having retrieved his keys from the storm drain.
Well...we arrived at the park super early in the morning to help set up. We are the unofficial DJ's at church for the high school dances, so since we are in charge of all the dance/audio equipment, we were asked to help out at the Brent Event by supplying music and a microphone, etc. Well while we are setting up I needed to grab something from my car. I nicely ask Houston for the keys. I walk about halfway to the car and the remote starts working and unlocks the car, so rather than walk all the way back to give him the keys, I decide to throw the keys to Houston. Bad idea. The keys landed nicely at the bottom of a stinky storm drain. We both heard the CLINK as they fell through the hole! Let's just say Houston was less than pleased :) But he drove over to his parents house, grabbed a ladder, and at least was able to get the keys back!! Good thing it hasn't rained in a little while!!
2 comments:
omg I loved those little blue bell ice creams at birthday parties growing up! I'm sooo glad they have BlueBell here in AZ! :) And that's really funny about the keys!
hahahaha...love the storm drain story! so funny! :)
Post a Comment