Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Love Month

Well, I always have good intentions to blog. But what can I say? I'm busy. With work, church, friends, fam, etc. the blog is just taking a back seat. I get on my computer with good intentions but then get side tracked reading everyone else's blogs! But, I definitely wanted to blog about Valentine's Day because we had an awesome time.

The Thursday before Valentine's I walked in from work to a decorated house. Surprise! I guess at some point in time Houston was poking fun at me for decorating the house AGAIN for someone's birthday, and I made a comment about how it would be nice if someone decorated the house for me. And, can you believe it? He remembered! I didn't even remember saying that. Let's just say paper heart doilies aren't quite my thing but he tried hard and it was really sweet. I walked in and he had the love song channel playing on the tv too.In the kitchen I found some sweet Valentine's shoes and some beautiful flowers. I love it when Houston gets me flowers. It doesn't happen very often but he always picks out the best ones. No boring old roses for this wifey. I am always gifted with something exotic. I never ask for them. If he asked my permission I would probably tell them flowers are a waste of money, but I love it when I get them and I love that he always picks out the flowers himself (to the florists annoyance I'm sure). My shoes were these adorable leopard print peep toes. So cute. And tall! I feel like a giant when I wear them. I'm a heel wearing fiend but these even give me a whole new perspective on being tall(er)!
After the initial surprise, H took me out to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants. Amazon. It's awesome and you can't beat ordering s'mores for dessert. I'll say it again and again. You should definitely go! The whole reason we celebrated Valentine's Day early is because our weekend was booked as we fulfilled our new calling as... drum roll please... Stake Youth Dance
Coordinators (aka. Stake DJs).

DJ Htown doin' his thing

All the kiddies dancin up a storm. It was pretty entertaining and a ton more fun than I expected it to be. It was really interesting to see which songs they liked dancing to. rhianna? black eyed peas? taylor swift? nope! The big hits were anything slightly resembling a line dance (cha cha slide, cupid shuffle, cotton eyed joe, boot scootin boogie) and michael buble for slow songs. And, the kicker, the biggest hit of the evening...Suavemente by Elvis Crespo. Totally serious.

me and my valentine jammin out. love ya babe.

5 comments:

HolliJo said...

Aw how cute! And that is a pretty crazy calling. I didn't even know people could be called to that! But you guys will do great ;). Glad you had a fun Valentine's Day! We miss you!

Daniel and Kylie said...

hahaha hence why we never went to stake dances!! so funny. your house looks really cute! makes me want my own house already!

Julie said...

I LOVED houston's decorations for Valentine's Day! That was soo sweet and thoughtful. My favorite part were how the shoes were perfectly angled on the table with the gift, like 'BAM!' HOT SHOES!

I'll say it again, you're one lucky senorita! ;)

Lauren Jayne said...

I love you guys and think that calling is HILARIOUS! I'm thinking back to a slurpee run and Houston playing Mike Jones in the car and me not even know what to do with myself!

Ben N Nessa said...

LOVE the Stake Dance pictures! So funny :) Perfect calling. Glad you guys had a good Valentine's!