Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Merry Christmas 2009 - Mascarenhas Style
This year was a little different for us. My sister and scott stayed in SA for Christmas and we kind of did things out of order, but we still had a great time. We ended up eating our lunch/dinner first and opening presents afterward. Here is my mom's awesome tablescape. Isn't it just too cute?
The traditional Mascarenhas family Christmas meal. Mexicana Beef Tenderloin. Saffron Rice. Creamy Cilantro Sauce. And Funeral Potatoes, just because you have to have them!
After dinner we mosied over to the living room to open presents. Here are the grandkiddies with grandma and grandpa.
We drew names for Christmas this year. I got my mom's name so here she is opening the present I got her! I was trying to think outside the box. I got her a stamp. It has a monogram 'M' in the middle and then their home address written in a circle around the M, so you can stamp it on the back of envelopes when you mail things. It was pretty dang cute if I do say so myself.
Later that night we were planning on going to the movies to see Sherlock Holmes. But, it was sold out. So, the boys came over to our place to try out Houston's favorite Christmas gift - Wii Sports Resort. Here is H and my uncle Lee battling it out playing table tennis. My dad is referreeing :)
My little bro and I watching the Wii playing mayhem.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my goodness, cute idea with the stamp! Love it!
Post a Comment