There is just something about this song that screams Christmas-time to me! Not because I necessarily like the song, because I don't think I do, but for some reason my siblings and I crack up every time we hear it and we text each other whenever we hear it playing at the mall. Random I know. But here's a little clip to get you in the Christmas spirit on Christmas Eve.
I know my Christmas posts are lacking this year. I don't know what it is about my blog apathy. I just haven't been feeling the blog posts lately. I still diligently read everyone else's, I even think of things to blog about and have all the intentions in the world of posting. But, when it really comes down to it, I just haven't really cared that much. Any ideas on how to get back in the groove?
Anyway, enough rambling.
MERRY CHRISTMAS YA'LL!
This year I put up the Christmas decorations the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Houston was studying for finals and was MIA for about 4 weeks. So, my favorite Jewish friend Stacy was in town for the holiday and graciously volunteered to help me put my stuff out.
Here she is, so excited to be putting up a Christmas tree. I had to reassure her multiple times that she couldn't really do it wrong. There isn't really a science. Thanks Stacy for all your help! It was so much better than doing it by myself.
Since then, Houston has finished his finals and has been quite the handy man around the house. I'm really liking this having a husband thing :) He put really cute Christmas lights outside. I can't get a good picture of them so you'll just have to trust me. He installed new fans in all of our bathrooms. He put up my curtain rods/curtains that have been patiently waiting in the guest room closet since we moved in. He did touch up paint around the house and all of the cabinets. He fixed the door to the laundry room. He attempted to fix our dryer vent outside but couldn't find the right kind of thing for it and had to buy it online - so that's a work in progress. Next on the list is make medicine cabinets for the bathrooms and power wash the back patio. (Although I don't think I would mind doing that. Power washing is kind of fun) Talk about productive, huh? Thanks Houston for all your work around here! Our house looks even better!
This month has been spent working, shopping, wrapping, decorating, baking, mailing, and birthday celebrating and I don't really have any pictures to show for it. I'm really slacking. Christmas is around the corner and I hope everyone enjoys a wonderful Christmas. Can't wait to hear about them in blogland!
This month has been spent working, shopping, wrapping, decorating, baking, mailing, and birthday celebrating and I don't really have any pictures to show for it. I'm really slacking. Christmas is around the corner and I hope everyone enjoys a wonderful Christmas. Can't wait to hear about them in blogland!
1 comment:
HAHA....cute tree :)
Post a Comment