New Moon was awesome.
Much much better than Twilight - the acting was better, the special effects were better, the vampires didn't run like the Roadrunner from Looney Tunes, they didn't look sweaty when they sparkled. And, I think I liked this movie better than the book. I am officially Team Edward where the books are concerned and Team Jacob for the movies. Wow.
For a month and a half before New Moon came out I kept bugging my SIL Julie about buying tickets ahead of time. She kept blowing me off ;) because Nick is some ridiculously romantic husband and always plans something awesome for their anniversary, which just so happened to fall right around the same time as when New Moon came out. So, Julie never committed to buying tickets with me because she didn't know what their plans would be. On Thursday morning, the day of the movie, Nick calls me and asks if I wanted to go. I was like, DUH yes! So, Nick was working out of town and drove home a day early to surprise Julie and go to see New Moon with me and Houston. Aren't our hubbies cute for enduring New Moon with us?
Well, Nick wasn't going to make it home until around 11:15, right before the midnight showing, and Houston was on campus studying until like 10:30, and Julie was supposed to be surprised, so that left little old me to go stand in line all by myself. Let's just say it was quite the experience. It wasn't too bad at first because I found some girls from church to sit with, but long story short they ended up going to a different theater so, I was all by myself for about an hour and a half before Houston got there. I people watched quite a bit - and I swear I wasn't that immature in high school. I wanted to gouge my eyes out after watching/hearing all these teenagers play those hand slap games from elementary school for an hour straight! And, boy do those high schoolers have quite the potty mouths! I heard more cuss words than I have in a year. Yikes. Ok, so that's my small rant. All I can say is that I hope Julie appreciated the suffering I went through to get us some good seats :)
Finally, Houston showed up, then Nick and Julie, then the movie started. The movie was awesome and I totally want to go see it again.
1 comment:
I'm with you- team Edward for the books and team Jacob for the movies!! :)
Post a Comment