Saturday, April 11, 2009

April Showers



bring...lots of parties!



Today we had a little baby shower at our place for my friend Vanessa. Her due date isn't until the beginning of July, but since I'm moving in the next few weeks I really wanted to be able to do something for her before I left. She's been such an awesome friend and I'm really going to miss having her a few doors down from me all the time. And, I'm really sad I won't be able to meet sweet baby Chloe Rucker when she's born, but I know we'll meet some day! The baby shower turned out really cute and everyone had a lot of fun!


half of our little table set up...I couldn't really get a good picture of it, but it looked so much cuter in person.

Shara and I know how much Ben and Vanessa like the cake bites at Sweet Tooth Fairy, so we tried to recreate them for the party. We used a recipe from online and they tasted delicious! They definitely didn't taste exactly the same as from the bakery but they were good. We had a few issues trying to dip them in the chocolate but with a little drizzle o' white chocolate on top they still looked pretty!

these little girls are just too cute! Kaylee and Averyelle played together during the shower. They tried on all the "big girls" shoes and walked around holding hands the whole time. It was just so precious.

The cute mama-to-be. She told me she would wear a tight shirt for the shower so she would look a little more pregnant, so much for that!! Oh well, she looked way cute and I hope she had an awesome time!

Shara, Vanessa, and Me!

To add to the "april showers" theme, on Thursday Shara's sister Katie had a bridal shower. It was a lot of fun and as soon as I got there Shara put me to work as photographer of the evening. I was happy to help but I didn't get any pictures on my camera because I used Shara's. I wish I had gotten some because everything was really cute and I loved the apron idea. Shara's mom made these aprons that were adorable for Katie and her hubby-to-be Mikey and all the guests signed the apron for them. Katie's apron was cute and ruffle-y and Mikey's had a tie on it! I'm definitely going to try and recreate those someday!

Also I was invited to a bridal shower for my other friend Katie. In my singles ward, Katie and I were in the Relief Society Presidency together. We always had a lot of fun together and when I got married she was always there to talk with me and came to my bridal shower. I haven't seen her in almost 2 years either! She went on a mission a few months after I got married. So, the baby shower was at 11 and Katie's bridal shower was at 1!! Talk about a busy day. I got to her shower about an hour late but I was glad I went and had a chance to catch up on everything.

I didn't get a chance to take a picture with her today but this is one of us from my shower!


Here's wishing everyone a happy baby and happy weddings!!

3 comments:

Ben N Nessa said...

You are so dang sweet, and I'm going to miss you more than you'll know! Thank you for the AWESOME shower, delicious food, and cute gifts. You are an amazing party planner! Cross your fingers that Ben gets a job placement in H-town...and then we don't have to be long-distance friends :) Haha!

HolliJo said...

Aw everything turned out so cute! You did such a great job! I'm going to call you for ideas next time I have to plan something!

Shara said...

I love you Stina! We rock at cake bites :) I love the pic of the girls ans also I need a tan :) Come over and I'll give you pics from the other shower! I am going to miss you SO much I'm not even going to think about it right now!