As I just mentioned in the post below...I got a sewing machine for Christmas. My very first project on it was a baby blanket, but blankets are about the only thing I really know how to make so I decided I needed to branch out a smidge. So, I made these little burp cloths for my visiting teacher whose baby is due to arrive soon! Maybe in a decade my sewing skills will have improved but at least these little things are cute and useful and it was fun to make them.
all wrapped up and ready to go
I also decided to put a few frames up. I know we're moving in a few months and Houston thought it was a little silly but they were just sitting around, still sitting in their packaging. The "Harris" sign we've had ever since we got married and I finally accumulated a few other things to put it up with! So, I was pretty excited about it and I think they look pretty good all together, if I do say so myself!
side note: I'm always looking for a good picture of the Houston Temple and I can't ever find a pretty/artsy/framed picture of it. I'm always looking and the Houston Temple is gorgeous, so I don't know why they don't ever make anything of it. I guess it's just not well-known enough? I finally decided to try and print this picture from our wedding and use it as my "temple art" ;) but if anybody finds a good professional artsy pic of it let me know.


5 comments:
oh my goodness I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO MAKE THOSE!!!! both of my visiting teachees have new babies and probably would need/want some! seriously, lets not pay attention in class anymore and just talk about sewing
Whoa! You are Susie Homemaker!!! Those burp clothes are so adorable :)
They turned out really cute! Good job Stina!
oh my goodness!!! I have extra fabric from a blanket I made and want matching burp cloths just like that!! Someone made me some and they are so cute but Jennika and I weren't brave enough to try it out. I will have to call you so you can give me some tips and maybe I can branch out too!!!
Great job! Those are really cute! I loved catching up on your posts- the sewing machine John's mom gave me a few years ago is one of my all time favorite gifts! I'm starting to use it a lot more. We should have a sewing day sometime soon!
Post a Comment