Sunday, October 19, 2008

quirky?

I was tagged by my friend Janey a few weeks ago and kept putting this off because I couldn't really think of any quirks. But...after a few weeks and some help from Houston and Julie I came up with some possibilities, so here ya go!

Definition of quirk:
- A peculiarity of behavior; an idiosyncrasy: "Every man had his own quirks and twists" Harriet Beecher Stowe.
- An unpredictable or unaccountable act or event; a vagary: a quirk of fate.


1. This one is kind of hard to explain...I don't like it when people touch me? But only in certain ways. For example, if a person puts their hand on my back (or shoulder, or arm, or leg, or whatever) and just leaves it there it starts to creep me out. It's perfectly ok if someone touches me and then rubs or scratches or moves their hand around a little bit. Houston thought of this quirk, because it makes him laugh. He will put his hand on my back and not move it just to wait for my reaction. As soon as I start to get all squirmy he says "Bad touch!" in this weird girly voice. He thinks he is so funny.
2. I clean my belly button with a q-tip. Julie thinks this is a quirk. I think it's just good hygiene.
3. I don't smell people's air. You know how when someone walks by you, a woosh of air blows in your face? Yeah...whenever anyone walks by me I hold my breath when the air wooshes by.
4. When I eat, the foods on my plate can't touch. I don't mind eating the foods at the same time or mixing them together while eating, but when putting food on the plate they have to be separate. I will even get two plates just so the food doesn't have to touch.
5. I bite my fingernails. I don't ever bite them all the way down to the nub, just enough so that it looks like I always cut them and people can't tell. It grosses Houston out because I will then proceed to bite the fingernail piece into little bitty pieces. Gross I know. I've tried to stop, it's been an ongoing problem for well over a decade now.
6. I make lists like you wouldn't believe. Grocery lists, to-do lists, color coded lists, homework lists, etc. And I make them well in advance. Just last night I made a list of what to make for Thanksgiving. Then I made a list of all the groceries I need to buy for each dish and then proceeded to rewrite both those lists because they weren't neat enough. I will most likely rewrite both of these again onto my vast array of post-it notes to then put in my already post-it note filled planner. Also, every time I write a grocery list, I will then rewrite the list in order of the aisles/where it's found at the grocery store.

5 comments:

Ben N Nessa said...

HAHA!!! I love the one where you rewrite the grocery list according to the aisle...too funny!

Shara said...

HAHA! You are too funny! I make lists too though and have some way weird, and slightly OCD, stuff I do :)We missed you guys tons too. We will for sure make the sushi soon, its way easy and yummy! Sorry today didn't work the way I'd hoped. Shane kind of makes his own plans....boys :)

Jeanine said...

How do you ever breathe when you are walking in a crowded place? JK Good stuff. Yesterday was fun having you guys come hang out randomly and shoot the bull! Sorry our clocks were off and Houston was late to work! Typical of me to not have the clocks running. I don't like being pressured by time! Ha Ha ;)

Julie said...

you forgot to mention that you clean your belly button every single day! It wouldn't be weird if it was like twice a week..but everyday? know one has a belly button that dirty!

Amy D. said...

I found you....and I was dying laughing reading these. I clean my belly button too with a Q-tip and I thought that was normal. But everyday..come on. It can't get dirty that fast!!