About a week and a half ago Houston and I packed up for a few days and traveled down to Cedar City. After living there for 3 years Houston's parents packed up and moved back to good old Texas! Once Houston's sister found out she was pregnant last summer I always said they would be moving back, Janet is just too much of a sweet mommy to be away from her kids, especially a new grandkid! Now only 6 months after grandbaby Austin was born, they've said "adios" to Utah and moved back to Houston. The hubs and I definitely approve of this decision!! Even though the holidays this year might be pretty boring and lonely for the two of us (with no family around now) it is a sacrifice we're willing to make. I absolutely love their house in Cedar, so that will be sad once they sell it. And, it was nice to have them so close in case we ever needed something. But, all in all, it will be even nicer when we have kids and all of their aunts, uncles, cousins, and both sets of grandparents will be just right around the corner! When we were down in Cedar we helped Janet and Victor pack up a little bit, enjoyed our usual Wal-mart run, helped out with a few "honey-do's" around the house, just relaxed, and watched Fox News all the live long day!! (I nearly went insane with the Fox News but H was in heaven so that's what counts right?) Houston really liked going to Bulloch's drug store. We sat at the little soda fountain counter while he enjoyed a Dr. Pepper w/lime and some popcorn - like a true Harris you can't go wrong with a soda and some popcorn! Harley had a great time too, she enjoyed running around in the best looking yard in town! I didn't take a ton of pictures because my camera died but here are a few...
3 comments:
aww.... I am so sad too! I loved the cedar house. I am so glad that you guys had a great visit! can't wait to see you soon!
opps. that comment is from julie- i'm with jess and guessed signed in her name.
Our Boxer Beau gave us a note that he wanted us to give to Harley. Can you pass it on to her please?
It reads...
From Boxer Beau: Harley you're so hot! You're sexy pink collar just does it for me ;) I love when you come play with me outside. Do you love me? Check yes or no
Post a Comment