Monday, not super amazing, it was a work day so Houston slept all day while I went to work. I took a 2 hour break from work while Houston was awake and we went to Noodles & Co. for dinner. We went there for the first time a few months ago and we both really really liked it. And it's pretty dang cheap which makes it even better! It's just a fun little place and we like taking Harley because they have a little patio outside so we just eat and chill outside while the sun goes down.
Tuesday, yet again another work day. We didn't have anything planned to do, I was working and Houston had his LSAT class but our friends Kevin and Holli invited us over last minute for dinner. They had a bunch of shrimp in their freezer from a vacation they took earlier in the summer and invited us over to help them finish it off! Free shrimp dinner with awesome friends...who would say no to that? Thanks for inviting us guys! We had a ton of fun and that shrimp was totally tasty.
Wednesday...must have been pretty boring because I don't remember anything about this day.
Thursday, Houston's first day of real awake-ness! Thursday night was a lot of fun, Houston went to his LSAT class again but we had planned on going out to dinner afterward. Well, I guess on the way to the class he got a chance to check out the new tv screen/jumbo-tron/whatever you call it at the football stadium and got all excited. So, on the way to dinner he had me bring the camera and take pictures of it! And, can you believe I was excited about it too?? This is how ready we are for college football season to finally start! Go Cougars/Hook 'em Horns! While we were driving around campus checking out stuff I thought to go check out the new Cannon Center. That thing is freakin sweet! Reminded me of when Julie and I were freshman and we'd go eat at the "canc" sometimes. Too bad we didn't have this beauty of a Cannon Center back then! Well, we went to eat at Guru's after all that. I've been wanting to go to this place for a long time, every time we drive through downtown Provo I always think Guru's looks so fun and I want to find a good restaurant over there (Los Hermanos is just nasty, sorry) because I just LOVE the whole feel of downtown Provo. It's just so cute and fun to walk through, it feels a little old timey, I don't know I have just always really liked it. Guru's was great! Loved the food, very different, we got to sit outside which we love, and we'll definitely be going back. After dinner we walked up and down Center Street for a little bit, came home and made chocolate-banana smoothies, and watched a movie from red box.
Friday...maybe we were feeling all BYU-y after going to the stadium the night before but we decided to hike the Y! I am not a hiker, whatsoever...don't really like being outdoorsy unless you give me a cute bathing suit, a beach, and an awesome tan. All summer long Houston has been asking me to go on a hike with him and I have refused every time. Finally I told him, "I know it's not the kind of hike you had in mind but I'd hike the Y with you, just to be able to say I did it." So, we actually did! About half way up there I got really sick of it, like I said, not an outdoors person...and I had to pee but I just kept telling myself it didn't matter and it was ok because I was at least getting somewhat of a tan! haha! Well we reached the top, the view was great, and heading back down was fantastic! All in all I think I really did enjoy myself, just don't really plan on doing it again.
Friday was also my sweet momma's birthday! Happy birthday Mom! I know I talk a lot about how birthdays are really special in my fam, but here I go again... :) Growing up my mom just always made our birthdays a really special day, she went all out for our parties, we always had the coolest cakes, and it was something we always looked forward to. So I'm pretty sad that I didn't get a chance to spend it with her...now that I think about it every year since I left home for college I've been able to spend her birthday with her except this year! Well, one year out of all of them isn't a huge deal I guess. But, I hope she had a wonderful day and that she knows I love her very, very much!
On Saturday, Houston was incredibly sweet and humored me while we went "shopping". We went to Target, grabbed a popcorn and drink combo and made a lengthy walk around the store. Did a little trying on and lusting after things I can't justify buying. Then we went to the mall in a search for some good jeans...which didn't end with new jeans but we still had fun together! And, we ate chick-fil-a for linner (lunch/dinner)! I don't know what it is about that place but it is delish, I would die a happy woman if they put a chick-fil-a on campus. On a different note, if anyone has any suggestions for awesome jeans let me know. I could use some suggestions.
Now we're to Sunday and well, we went to church and then Houston slept all day long. But, I can't really complain about that...I'm just lucky to have such a loving husband who works so hard to provide for me.
Hope everyone has a wonderful week to come!!
2 comments:
Congrats on hiking the Y. We had so much fun at dinner too! And those were some good shrimp! Isn't it so nice to not have school and just be working! I love it! We need to hang out soon. And yes, I have to agree, Chick-fil-A is by far the best ever.
Nice week in-review! We need to hang out soon! We are planning this Sunday afternoon after church about 1:30 pm to have a BBQ on our side yard. BYOB and if you can bring a side to share that would be awesome. Hope you guys can make it!
Post a Comment