Thursday, August 21, 2008

Olga goes for the Gold

So lately Houston and I have been really into watching the Olympics, as has everyone else I see! Our friends Shane and Shara came over for a little bit, we enjoyed some beach volleyball (way to go USA!) and then lo and behold what was also being broadcast at the same time? Only the most hilarious "sport" of all time - race walking!! None of us had ever heard of it but as soon as Houston flipped to the channel we all started laughing! Nothing like a good race walk, watching those women move those hips! Once Shane and Shara left, Houston and I actually left the race walking on, and a few minutes later Houston turned to me and said "We're actually watching this!" We both laughed because it was true...as retarded as it was it totally had us hooked. As a side note...China even cheats in the race walking competitions too, the china chicks were totally running, even we could see it with our own two eyes. But whatever, at least they didn't win...Olga from Russia totally won the gold. She deserved it with all her awesome hippy action! Here is a clip of her I found on youtube, it's not from the olympics but you get the idea. I'm assuming no one else was as crazy as we were and actually watched this so I thought I'd give you a little idea, it doesn't have quite the same impact as watching like fifty women race walk at the same time but its ok. That's why I included the second video, it just made me laugh! Hope you enjoy! (oh, make sure to turn off my music before you watch)



5 comments:

HolliJo said...

Haha, it is real. My sister was on a competitve track team and she race walked. In fact, she made it to the National Junior Olympics and was in first place until they disqualified her in the last like 50 meters. There's a lot more skill and technique to it than you think :). But I completely agree that it looks ridiculous!

Ben N Nessa said...

Haha! Awesome :)

Janey said...

That is so so funny. Now I'm so sad I didn't catch it on TV! And I wonder how many dirty golds China has...

Julie said...

ha this is hilarious...i love that you posted videos of it too.

Anonymous said...

BWAHAHAHAHAAHHA! Most HILARIOUS thing EVAAAAA! (still LMBO!)