Monday, March 18, 2013

ro-dee-oh


hmmm.
all my pictures uploaded backwards. oh well.

We live in Houston and we LOVE the rodeo.
This year Nana and Papi took Elaina to the fair/livestock show with Austin and Kayla.  It was so sweet of them and Elaina had the time of her life.  But, I'll be honest, I was pretty bummed that I wasn't there to see her experience it all.  A couple days after Elaina went with her cousins, Chels called me up to see if I wanted to go with her. I wasn't about to pass up the chance so we packed up the kiddos and ventured off for some Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo...and some fried fair food of course!
all tuckered out riding the tram back to the car

corn dog lunch break
elaina obviously likes to "dip it, dip it!"

we saw some little pig races
hilariously entertaining!
 Elaina's favorite part was the little kiddie section.  It was a play area and it was supposed to represent the path from farm to market?  I can't explain it well enough but it was really cute.  You walk into the kid area and they give you a token that is supposed to be a "seed." Then you go plant the "seed" in a sand pit.  Next to the sand pit they had baskets of plastic vegetables, so you pick the vegetables and put them in your own basket.  They had little stations throughout the area where you could pick corn, milk a cow, collect eggs, shear a sheep, etc.  Then at the end you went to the market to sell your vegetables, milk, eggs, and wool and they gave each kid fake money to take to the "grocery store." The last stop on your way out of the kiddie section was the grocery store where you handed over your money and got to pick a snack from the shelves. Elaina picked a rice krispy treat.  Good choice girlfriend.  Charles had equally good taste.  Sadie dared to be different and picked a fruit roll up!  It was seriously the cutest thing.
chowing down on grocery store purchases

playing in the corn pit
 Tried to get Elaina to ride a pony.  I asked her if she wanted to ride a pony and I received an enthusiastic, "YES!"  So, I paid the guy, walked up to the pony, and it was a no go.  Glad I asked the guy ahead of time if I could get my money back if she changed her mind.  I know she would have loved it and wouldn't have been scared if I had gotten on the pony first to show her what to do.  But, the weight limit was 80 lbs.  Didn't want to kill the poor pony!  Oh well, maybe next year!
pony ride fail.

little piglets


I got a lot of pictures of the back of their heads!


milking the fake cow

charlie liked the corn pit too

ready to rodeo!


No comments: