
This year Houston's parents rented a lake house for the whole family to spend Thanksgiving together. We had so much fun together! The kids loved having a sleepover every night and getting to play together all day long. I love watching Elaina and Kayla play together now that they're getting a little older. They love each other.
Every night we were there, we had family prayer and a story/spiritual thought before the kids went to bed. The first night we busted out Harris Family Thanksgiving tshirts for bedtime!
 |
| singing popcorn popping |
Thanksgiving morning we woke up to some delicious breakfast tacos. And, Julie had a craft for everyone to do. It was obviously mainly for the kids, but it was part of our little tablescape so we forced the boys to participate too. :)
 |
| tracing hands for our turkey placemats |
 |
| getting her craft on |
 |
| even daddy was a good sport |
Victor taught Nick how to fry a turkey. This year's turkey was seriously the most delicious turkey I've ever eaten in my life.
 |
| the fry daddies |
 |
| table looks ready! |
 |
| me and my bff makin some mashed potatoes |
 |
the texans game in overtime!! I think I was the only woman who didn't care that dinner was delayed due to the game! |
 |
| squinty eyed chief tender bear |
 |
| nana, papi, and uncle greg |
 |
princess crazy horse and princess little blue eyes getting into mischief |
 |
| grateful for this man right here. |
 |
| Uncle fofo |
I absolutely love Thanksgiving food. All of the side dishes are my favorite! The entire meal was delicious and my mouth is water right now thinking of everything we had. Wish I could eat some leftovers right about now.
After dinner, Janet wanted to take a quick family picture. So, we got ourselves situated and snap snap. Before that though, I had to get a picture with my sweet Kayla Wayla. She loves her little pink boots, and wanted to take a picture with me and my boots!
 |
| matchy matchy |
 |
| grateful for my little family |
My little activity I planned was a "turkey treasure hunt." The kids are really into watching Jake and the Neverland Pirates these days. So, I turkey-fied a treasure hunt. They had to follow clues all over the yard to find five turkeys, then at the end of the hunt they found a treasure chest filled with gold coins and silly string!
 |
| on the move |
 |
| showing me their turkeys |
 |
| X marks the spot! |
 |
| haha!! love this picture! let's just say the silly string didn't go over too well with these two |
 |
| but this guy LOVED it! |
 |
| dessert break after a long day |
The next morning Nana and Papi took the three kids to an outdoor safari. You drive through in your car and all of the animals just roam around and come up to your car to eat. I hear the kiddos loved it! I was busy recuperating from black friday shopping the night before.
That night Nick started a little campfire for us to roast marshmallows and make s'mores. I'll admit, this was all my doing. I'm a sucker for s'mores. But, Austin was SO excited to "go camping." Haha. Poor boy. Making s'mores in a backyard might be the closest he ever gets to going camping!
The next morning we packed up, drove home, got changed, and headed over to my parents' church for my nephew's baptism. Never dull moment around here!
No comments:
Post a Comment