The poor blog has been pretty neglected lately, but not for lack of trying. Right after my last post blogger/google decided to tell me I didn't have enough storage space left on the blog and I needed to pay for more. Well, it took me this long to figure out a way around that (I'm kind of cheap, what can I say?) but, voila! Mission accomplished and the blog is back in action.
One of the BIGGEST things that happened to our family recently is that Houston passed the Bar Exam!!!! The first week of November, Houston found out the results of his test. That whole morning the two of us kept checking the website over and over and over again! I am so incredibly proud of him. And, I'm so incredibly happy he passed the first time. In all honesty, I might have had a mental breakdown if he had to study for it all over again. It is amazing to actually be able to spend time together as a family now, without the stress of the bar looming over us.
The Sunday after he found out his test results, our friends had us over for dessert and they just so happen to take good care of our fire pit in their backyard. Houston decided he wanted to burn all of his study materials as a celebration!
 |
| ready for a bonfire |
 |
| so excited! |
 |
| eric and houston getting their boy scout on |
Monday, November 5th, Houston was sworn in! We drove up to Austin Sunday night and that morning headed to the swearing in. It was pretty cool getting to hear from the Supreme Court Justices of Texas. Houston was really excited about going. He said it was the first time he felt like he could truly celebrate. Graduation didn't feel like a huge celebration because he had to study for the bar. Finishing the bar didn't feel like a huge celebration because he didn't know if he passed. So, he was all about driving to Austin for a big to-do! I, of course, was more than happy to oblige.
 |
| saying their oath |
Afterward, I wanted a little family photo to commemorate the occasion. Elaina...not so much. :) Whatever. That's real life for ya. She is crying because she wants Nana (who is taking the picture) to hold her, not Mommy. Diva much?
 |
| there we go. a little bribery never hurt anyone. |
After the swearing in we headed for some good old fashioned mexican food before heading home. My parents, grandma, Houston's mom, and Fo were all able to drive up from Houston. And, my sister came from San Antonio! We are so blessed to have so many people who love us and support us in our accomplishments. I love our families!
And, I had to end on this gem of a photo...
 |
| Elaina torturing her cousin ;) |
2 comments:
Congrats! It must feel so good to burn all those books!
Congrats!!! :)
Post a Comment