The weekend before my actual birthday, my sweet hubs planned a "birthday party" for me. I put it in quotes because it was a birthday party fit for a five year old (hence the title of the post), but he knows me so well and it was right up my alley!! He called up a bunch of our friends and invited everyone out to Dewberry Farm. He told me, as only my very blunt husband could, that he knew I would make him go at some point this fall so why not go for my birthday. He has such a way with words. ha! But, I know even with his very direct comment, that he did it for me because he knew I would love it. And, I did. I loved the fact that our friends could come, with their kids, and have a good time. Let's be honest, it was more for the kids anyway!
 |
| "Mom!" "Bench!" |
Houston told me about the party on Wednesday, and I told him I loved the idea but was stressed because I didn't have a cute Halloween outfit for Elaina to wear to the pumpkin patch. He laughed at me and said I was ridiculous. Oh well! You better believe I whipped up a shirt real fast the Friday night before we went!
Julie was in charge of bringing cupcakes. The cupcakes made it in the car but had a little mishap in the stroller on the way to the picnic table! LOL! No big deal. A cupcake still tastes like a cupcake even after it fell over! I loved that Houston made sure Julie bought my favorite kind of cake, yellow cake with chocolate frosting. I got a piece all to myself!
H bought princess party hats, candles, and party horns. He insisted I wear a hat along with all the kiddos. When he saw these pictures he asked why I wore the hat like that because it looked dumb. I told him I didn't want to mess up my hair!
 |
| as much as he bugs me ;) I just love this man! |
 |
| the bubba. |
 |
with the girls Janet, Allie, Tam, me, Chels, and Julie |
Dewberry Farm is so much fun! It is definitely becoming a tradition for us. We took Elaina last year and she was still itty bitty, but even then she loved seeing all the animals. We didn't get a chance to go look at all the animals this time. We did have a lot of fun, but Elaina was starting to meltdown after awhile. It was way past naptime and so ridiculously hot outside that we finally tapped out and headed home. Some of the favorites this year were the roller slide and the tractor train.
 |
| ready for the roller slide with mommy |
 |
| the black mamba |
 |
| the vintage horsy |
 |
| playing tether ball with the big boys |
 |
| loving the tractor train with daddy |
 |
HAHAHA! I don't know why I love this picture so much! Let's just say that Mommy was a little more graceful going down the roller slide! |
 |
| About done for the day. |
 |
| checkin out the "puhkuhs" |
 |
| she loves her Julie |
 |
| put a fork in her because she was totally done! :) |
 |
at least she chilled out for the hay ride back to the car it was shaded and I'm pretty sure, along with being tired, she was just SO hot! |
 |
| I absolutely adore this little girl |
 |
| checking out the ducks just before going home |
All in all it was a success. I forgot to mention that, in true Harris fashion, we stopped at Buccee's on the way out there. I give credit to Chelsea; it was totally her idea. But, it made the caravan/mini road trip with all of our friends even more legit! Thanks babe for an awesome little birthday party. You know me all too well.
 |
| our little fam |
2 comments:
1.So cute..good job Houston!
2.Laina's rosey cheeks are to die for!
3.Love the girls matching bat shirts!
4.So glad your birthday was fun!
I'm with you - pumpkin patches are so awesome. I love her bat shirt too. Super cute. :)
Post a Comment