Monday, October 15, 2012

eighteen months

I've said it before and I'll say it again but, where does the time go?!  I can't believe this little munchkin is a year and a half old already!  The last few months have been eventful to say the least.  At her well check last week these were her stats:

33 inches (80%)
25.13 lb (75%)
head circumference 18 inches (30%)

In the last month she has had roseola, a stomach virus, strep throat, and tantrums galore. Thanks to starting school and always sucking her fingers.  I'm sure these are just the first of many illnesses to come, but here's to being healthy for at least a little while!!

swinging like a big girl
She is talking up a storm these days.  She has too many words for me to count.  But, some of my favorites include:
quesay (queso)
eshees? (bless you)
heyo (hello)
Some of my least favorites include:
mom (I am still Mommy thank you very much)
no!
me!
She is getting really good and using the vocabulary she does have to try and get her point across.
The other morning she woke up and I brought her into our room.  She saw the iPad and immediately started asking to watch Mickey
"pad? pad?! play? pad?! play? mickey? mickey? mickey? pad?! please?!"
Houston told her no, not right now.  Then he proceeded to pick up the iPad and start using it himself.
She looked at him and said "daddy. pad. all done." "mickey please?"
haha. can't blame the girl for trying!

ready for picture day at school
She loves to pretend to cook and pour "dinks."  She loves to push her baby stroller around.  Mickey must be buckled into the stroller. She loves to read books.  Still loves bath time although she now has a strong aversion to getting water dumped on her head.  She loves to sing songs - school songs, church songs, hum along to the radio.


She is really into poo poo and pee pee these days.  She is obsessed with the potty.  Mimi has been trying to convince me to start potty training but, I'll be honest, this momma is not ready for poop and pee around the house.  At least in a diaper it is still a contained mess.  She tells me poo poo before she has to poop then five minutes later will come back and ask me to change her diaper.  Whenever she pees or poops in her diaper she starts walking funny, like a waddle and wants me to change her bum.  It is hilarious.  Whenever she has a poop and I'm changing her diaper she waves her hand in front of her nose and says "stinky stinky!" "peeyoo poo poo!" haha! love that girl!

Elaina Bear had a "beary" good day
She is really enjoying school.  She loves her teachers and practices saying their names.  She loves to sing the songs they learn at school.  And, I love seeing all the fun things they make and learn.  This month they already had school picture day, teddy bear day, orange day, and chick-fil-a day for lunch.  Coming up is a visit from the fire truck tomorrow, painting pumpkins, a visit to the school pumpkin patch, and a halloween party.  It makes me so happy to see her having so much fun!  And, I love seeing the things she is learning.  Just little things that I hadn't thought to teach her yet, like saying bless you if someone sneezes or putting her finger to her mouth and saying "shhh. quiet."

1 comment:

HolliJo said...

Oh she is just so precious. I'm glad she's liking school! Sorry she's been so sick. Sick babies are the worst. (except for the snuggles). It's fun to see that her and Taycie are doing a lot of the same things! Miss you guys.