Wednesday, September 19, 2012

mothers day out

 Elaina's very first day of Mother's Day Out was September 4th.  She goes twice a week when I go to work, and Mimi was nice enough to offer to pick her up for me so I can finish my work day.  Mimi was just a little sad to not be watching her a full day every week, so her compromise was that she could pick her up from school and watch two half days a week!  Love that woman!  So far, I THINK Elaina likes it! She cries every time I drop her off, which just breaks my mommy heart.  There are a bunch of cubbies and hooks lining the wall outside her classroom, so I drop her off with her teachers and then I set up all of her stuff - backpack on the hook, sippy cups in the basket, diapers in a different basket, lunch box and napmat in her cubby.  By the time I've finished putting everything away she has already finished crying.  So, fingers crossed,  I hope she's just messin with me :)  She seems to like it though!  Every time I sing a song she sang at school she gets SO excited.  Right now her favorite is The Wheels on the Bus.  As soon as you start singing her arms start flying like crazy! I can't figure out if she's trying to do the wheels or the wipers.  Either way, she loves the song!  She naps like a champ at school.  Her teachers said they were shocked that everyone in her class fell asleep the very first day!  I was shocked myself!  Her teachers are both so sweet and I'm excited for Elaina to meet new friends.  Now, if she could just walk in without crying it would help a lot with my mommy guilt!
first day of MDO
so excited to go to school!

CHEESE!

hey pretty girl!

 On the first day of school she came home with a picture of a house.  She was supposed to bring it back with pictures of her family on it.  I thought she could at least try and color it before I stuck pictures on it!  So, she and daddy worked on her "homework" together.

1 comment: