Wednesday, August 29, 2012

iphone photo dump

Let's be honest, I take most pictures on my phone these days.  I love being able to document our daily activities so easily but then I don't think to blog about them!  Here is just a photo dump of our monthly happenings.  This just might become a recurring post each month!

getting ready for bed/playing on the ipad with daddy
she loves the itsy bitsy spider app!

blowing bubbles for the first time!!

daddy came home and joined in the fun!

hot and sweaty
 scroll really fast if you have a poop aversion!  But, being a mom and this being my blog and all I felt I just had to document this occurrence - yes that is poop. in a crib. and a diaper. NOT on my child's butt! AHH! this made for quite the morning wake up call!
sick nasty.
 I love my sweet girl.  She copies almost everything I do and it just melts my heart.  Purse? Jewelry? Phone? Shoes?  all must be copied just like Mommy.  Even today, I was cleaning the house and she followed me around the house wiping things with a paper towel.  She even stood on a paper towel and tried to walk around the house with it under her feet, like I do when I clean the floors.  Anyway, this one Saturday we were at Target and she grabbed a hanger and put it on her arm just like me.  I just love her!

like mother like daughter

playing with her bubba

go cougars!
 On that note, we have been gearing up for football season around here!  Elaina has been reading her Cosmo Cougar book before bed, she now says Cosmo, Go Cougs, loves singing Rise and Shout, and raises her hand for ra ra ra ra ra!!  Brainwashing much??  Whatevs.  Go Cougars!
she kept the hat on for a while!
 My aunt passed away this month.  Tia was like my grandma.  We went over to her house all the time when we were growing up.  She always had fideo ready on the stove when we came over, she always gave us sweet hugs and kisses, she always woke up early in the morning and would call our house at 5:30 or 6 in the morning while we got ready for school - the phone would ring and we would automatically answer "hi tia!" (this was pre-caller ID days).  I will miss her delicious tamales on Christmas and I will miss hearing her voice.  She was such a sweet, special lady.  Love my tia.

 My grandpa had a stroke last week.  He was in the hospital for a few days and then moved to a rehabilitation center.  He can't walk.  I'm glad visits from Elaina brighten his day. She loves her "bumpa" and I do too.

helping daddy clean the church

such a good helper

play date with cooper.  poor coops only had girl books to read :)

1 comment:

HolliJo said...

Love it. So sorry about your aunt and grandpa! :(. E is just precious. We can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks!