 |
| Reba herself, doing her thing |
About a week and a half ago, Houston came home from work and told me we were going to the rodeo! His firm had tickets to go see Reba, so we went with one of the attorneys and his wife, for freezy. The seats were awesome and the tickets were free so we couldn't pass up the opportunity! But, I kind of wish we had. Oh well, it was pretty fun overall. But, the day of the concert it was raining. Not just raining, but POURING! We got to the rodeo only to find out that all of the lots were full so we had to drive to an overflow parking lot that was crazy far away, park, hop on a shuttle bus that drove us back to Reliant, then trek through the carnival in the pouring rain to get into the stadium. That whole ordeal took an hour! By the time we sat down we were soaking wet and starving. Reba was good. She is definitely a good singer, but we aren't really Reba fans so we didn't know many of the songs. Houston said the only song he knew was the one she jacked off Kelly Clarkson! After the concert we grabbed ourselves some delicious funnel cake that made going to the rodeo totally worth it! While we were sitting watching the rodeo, the other wife that came told me she wished the firm had given away tickets to Enrique instead of this old lady. Haha! She had me cracking up the whole night so, at least we went with fun people!! When we were ready to leave we had to wait in line to get on a shuttle that took us back to our car. I made Houston take a picture of the lines (see below) because it was insane! We felt like a herd of cattle! But, I was pretty impressed with whoever came up with the line system. It was ridiculously intricate and went pretty fast!
 |
| herd of people |
The next week we tried again! Before we got the tickets to see Reba we had already planned on going with my friend Stacy and her boyfriend to see The Band Perry.
 |
| dinner date :) |
Stacy came over a little early to hang out with the munchkin. Too bad she was kind of a grump. Lately she hasn't really wanted anyone to hold her besides mommy, daddy, mimi, or nana and we had to cut her dinner short so we could leave so she wasn't too thrilled about that either.
 |
| pretty pleased about his dinner |
This time around we got there early enough to enjoy the most delicious carnival/rodeo/huge-honkin-texas food! Houston and Zach both got a ginormous turkey leg and Stacy and I both got some massive corn dogs. To top it all off we shared a "mountain of curly fries." Yes, that's what it was called on the menu and they weren't lying!
 |
| mmm |
 |
| me and my main squeeze |
 |
| stac face and her man |
We love the rodeo! I can't wait to be able to take my kiddos with me because I remember going all the time when we were little. The calf scramble and the mutton bustin are my favorite parts! The little kid that one the mutton bustin (the kids have to "ride" a sheep and whoever holds on the longest wins) had a little bitty interview when the event was over and they asked her how she won, she said she had practiced riding on her dad in the living room. So stinkin cute!
 |
| a little chuck wagon racing |
 |
| some firework action |
 |
| the band perry |
Our seats were super high up but it was Value Day so the tickets were only 10 bucks! No complaining here! Plus, sometimes it's nice to sit up high because you can see everything! But, I loved The Band Perry. They were awesome. Love their music. And, Miss Perry was just the freakin cutest thing! Houston was asking me if I liked her more than Taylor Swift now. And, he told me it was ok because she and Taylor are probably BFF. :) I love my goofball husband. It was a great night with great friends and I can't wait to hang out with Zach and Stacy again soon!!
 |
| me and my stacy! |
1 comment:
gah quit posting awesome rodeo pictures and stories. I'm totally jealous. It has been FOREVER since I have been to the rodeo. Like 3 years. Boo. Yet another reason to move to Texas... :)
Post a Comment