Friday, January 6, 2012

happy new year

I love where we live!  The city is always doing something fun and festive! On New Years Eve they had a big celebration.  Earlier in the evening they had a big event for kiddos complete with fireworks and later in the evening they had a big thing for adults.  We met my parents in town square for a little bit for Elaina's first new years :)  I think it was supposed to be circus/carnival-esque.  They had people dressed up in crazy costumes, jugglers, acrobats, ice sculptors, music (which of course was Elaina's favorite part), and a bunch of other stuff.  We had a great time!

E checking out this sparkly lady

hangin out in the crowd

I don't know what this is, just one of the attractions
So, there is always something unexpected when it comes to parenthood.  Houston had Elaina on his shoulders (as seen below) for a good portion of the evening.  Toward the end of the evening Houston says, "Either she pooped on me or my neck is getting really sweaty."  I touched around her bum and determined it must be the sweaty neck because I didn't feel anything wet.



A few minutes later, my dad wants to hold his granddaughter so they switch and she gets to chill on Papi's shoulders instead.
A few minutes after that we decide it's time to go so I take her off of my dad's shoulders and immediately feel and smell the poop!  HAHA!  How did these guys not smell it so close to their head! Oh man I had a good laugh.
getting a little wipe bath before heading home

our innocent little mess maker
After our eventful early evening, Laina went with her gma and gpa for an early night and we headed over to the our friends house for a little partay.  We had a great time with great ffriends, yummy food, s'mores (my fav!), extreme sports for the guys, chatting for the girls, and as usual a countdown to midnight!
cheers! happy new year!

2 comments:

Courtney N said...

Happy New Year!

HolliJo said...

oh my goodness so funny about the poop! that really made me laugh. these little ones are so funny! I can't wait for them to grow up and be bffs. oh and happy new year!