At the beginning of the month Julie and I had a date with Taylor Swift. My parents gave me tickets to her concert for my birthday and Houston encouraged me to take a friend! We had SO much fun. I told her I would pick her up like a real date :) And, when I to her house I walked in her room only to see a leather jacket laying on the bed. I said, "uhh, Julie were planning on wearing that jacket?" and she said, "yeah why, are you wearing the same one?!" Me, "yeah!" It made me laugh. Great minds think alike! And, it ended up being too warm to wear jackets anyway. But, that was how the evening started. We headed downtown for dinner at Guadalajara, which was an entertaining experience. I have lived in Houston almost my entire life and kind of pride myself in my ability to get around this enormous city but, I loathe driving downtown. Dang one directional roads and construction just really mess with my internal navigation system. Oh well, we FINALLY got to dinner right as a ton of people were leaving the restaurant obviously to go to the concert. But, it turned out to be perfect timing because we finished dinner, rushed to the concert, and walked in right as the opening act was finishing up. We sang our hearts out, screamed like teenage girls, and stayed up late. Ms. Swift was so cute; just absolutely adorable. She seemed kind of shocked by how many people were there (over 40,000) and seemed to get a little teary eyed one time while talking about it. One of my other favorite things about the concert was seeing how many different types of people were in the audience. An couple in the sixties were sitting behind me to the left, a bunch of teenage girls, a bunch of twenty somethings, a bunch of moms with daughters and friends, and tons of parents with young daughters. And, by young I mean around five! I just thought it was so sweet that a Taylor Swift concert was appropriate enough to bring a five year old. And, the five year olds were SO excited! There was one little girl sitting a few rows in front of us and she got so excited that her mom bought her a Taylor Swift tshirt that she wanted to wear it right then and there and took off her shirt in the middle of the stadium! There was a surprise performance by Nelly, which was awesome!! We had such a fun time and after the concert we had to make a stop for a Diet Coke at one of the shadiest gas stations I have ever seen! Oh what Julie will do for a Diet Coke :)




Thanks Mom and Dad for an awesome birthday present and thanks Julie for "enduring" the concert with me ;) I'm sure it was pretty rough!
2 comments:
best present EVER! i am jealous! that sounded like so much fun!
SO FUN! That is awesome. I love me some Taylor Swift!
Post a Comment