Saturday, February 12, 2011

busy bees.

well, life at the harris house has been busy busy these last few weeks. I have tons to talk about, fun things we did, and this post is probably going to be super long. I should probably just post regularly and therefore do ONE post for each super exciting activity we do, but in my defense I couldn't find the adapter for my memory stick and a post without pictures is just lame. (or it could be that I'm not motivated to do many things these days. My house is atrocious. I don't think my house has ever been as bad as it has been these days. I thought I was supposed to be nesting? My nesting has definitely not taken form in the way of cleaning. Thank goodness for my sweet husband.)

Anyway... activity 1: BUNCO
This last week we had our first get together for bunko. My friend Tamra got a bunch of girls together to play once a month and we rotate houses. I had never played bunko before but when I told Houston what we were doing he told me, "man, you're old." haha. I told him no I'm not my mom played when I was little. His response, "Exactly."
BUT, it was SO much fun. I knew it would be fun since what night out with the girls isn't fun, but I was surprised that I actually liked playing the game too! Great idea
Tamra! Can't wait for next month!
and I'm so lame (and unmotivated), I, yes I, didn't take many pictures. I took pictures of the food and that's it. Sorry ladies, next time! BUT, the food was great. Personal little creme brulees in heart pans with sparkling cider. So cute!
Activity 2: Happy Birthday Austin!!
My sweet nephew turned 3 this month! I can't believe how big he is! I love this kid to pieces and I love that we all live close to each other so I can watch all our nieces and nephews grow up.

sitting in his birthday throne. I asked him if I could take a picture of him, he politely told me no, he was eating his cake!


see he loves me! even though I bribed him with a skittle to take a picture with me :)


enjoying all the trains/thomas stuff he got for his birthday. he was in heaven.


the table set up. great job ju!


the birthday cake complete with mini bunting/birthday banner. I helped with that ;) (In my head I keep hearing the shake and bake commercial from a long time ago with the little girl who says "and I helped!" ... random side note)

Activity 3: Happy Birthday Charlene!
Our friend Charlene celebrated her special day a few weeks ago and we all went out to dinner at Amazon. My favorite! We also went out for dessert at Ruggles. My other favorite!! You would have thought it was my birthday or something!


me and my sweet hubs


some of my bffs, austin included :)


the other side of the table. enjoying some s'mores. mmm.


and the birthday girl herself!

Activity 4: BBQs and s'mores
if you know either one of us you know these two things are essential to our happiness. One of Houston's favorite things - grilling. One of Cristina's favorite things - s'mores. This night we got together with a bunch of friends for both and I'm pretty sure we were very happy campers.


H and Sophie hangin out by the fire


some of the menfolk


and the ladies/kidlets

Activity 5: Brittany B's Bridal Shower
It was gorgeous! And, I am so lame (again!). I took pictures of everything before the shower started and then put my camera in my purse and have zero pictures of any of the people there! Oh well.

the gorgeous bride to be



the banner I made. It's kind of hard to read int he picture but it says Derek loves Brittany.


the front door


the favors


the gorgeous food table! Brittany's aunt and grandma brought over tons of stuff they had in their house that went with the shower scheme. It was awesome. The not so awesome part was packing it all up. I think they had like 3 or more laundry baskets full.

Activity 6: Being awesome BYU fans
BYU basketball and Jimmer Fredette have been constant topics in the harris house these few weeks. For one of the games we went to buffalo wild wings to watch and eat wings of course.


eric and tamra joined us.


this picture is sick. of me. whatever. Go cougars!!

No comments: