
Welp, it was our last day in Barcelona. We went and saw La Sagrada Familia. It's a cathedral that was designed by Gaudi. They started work on it in the 1880s and construction still isn't finished! crazy! I'm gonna be honest...I wasn't that excited about it. My brother really liked it though!

I could definitely appreciate the intricate detail to everything, but in all honesty I thought it was kind of ugly :) And, we stood in line to go inside, paid like 15 bucks a person to go in, and you walk in and it's basically like walking into a construction zone. It was interesting but I think I'll pass next time and just look at it from outside. Maybe it would have been more worth it if we had waited to take the elevator up to the top and see the view? But that was another 45 minute wait so we nixed that idea.
Another one of Gaudi's architectural masterpieces :)
That afternoon we hopped on the AVE and took a train ride to Zaragoza. The next day was a national holiday, El Dia del Pilar, and we had heard that Zaragoza had a huge festival for it!
Basilica del Pilar, in their huge Plaza del Pilar.
walking down the street packed with people for the holiday!!

As part of the holiday festivities the little city had tons of stuff going on!! When we got to the hotel in Zaragoza they gave us a brochure with all of the activities listed on it. My brother honed in right away to a Calle 13 concert! We were definitely going to that!!! So we ditched the parentals and figured out how to buy a concert ticket in spain (let's just say it's a little different than ticketmaster) and grabbed a taxi to the concert. My mom definitely kicked into worried mommy gear. I really wanted to tell her I'm in my twenties, married, pregnant, have lived on my own for years, lived in a different state than you did for years, and have gone on many vacations without you, I'm pretty sure I can grab a taxi. I'm 100% sure my brother was thinking something relatively similar (except for maybe the pregnant part!). But neither one of us said anything, we just let her go into mommy mode. Once a mommy always a mommy.
But, the concert was AWESOME! Loved Calle 13! He was really good live, which kind of surprised me! It made me miss my hubby. I know he would have loved it!
No comments:
Post a Comment