We spent the weekend here...
We spent the weekend in Round Top camping out for our stake youth conference. Originally we were asked to go up there as the stake DJs for the dance on friday night, but since then Houston got his calling with the young men in our ward so we ended up staying for the whole shindig. Friday we drove up to Round Top after work, and while H set up the stuff for the dance, I helped set up camp. Before the dance we had a taco dinner and a Bro. Bartholomew (from UVU) came to speak to the kids. He spoke a few times throughout the weekend and each talk was centered around the atonement and how we can apply it to our lives. I thought he did a really great job and the kids seemed to really like him too!
the leaders from our ward, having our own dance party in the corner
On Saturday we woke up bright and early for breakfast, more talks, and activities. Each ward manned an activity and all the activities were centered around team building and had a scripture related to the theme "I am strong because my God is with me." I'm not really sure what all the other activities were since we only stayed at ours, but we had the "Great Escape" (also known as the human knot) where all the kids grab a hand and they have to try and untangle themselves into a big circle.
The first group to successfully untangle themselves. Funny because they were the worst complainers too! :)
Our other activity was "Lean Not" where one person is blindfolded while they fall back and their group catches them. We actually had one kid fall flat on the ground!! It was awful. He was this super sweet guy, really lanky/skinny, probably around 6'5" and he was really worried about them dropping him since he was such a big guy. I told him "Oh, don't worry about it! We just had a group of all girls catch a beefy football player!" (Which was totally true!) Needless to say I felt horrible when they didn't catch him. woops.
For lunch, our buddy Joel was kind enough to drive up to smoke some good ole Texas BBQ. It was delicious. Needless to say Houston was fascinated and stayed to help Joel with the meat for hours!!Our other activity was "Lean Not" where one person is blindfolded while they fall back and their group catches them. We actually had one kid fall flat on the ground!! It was awful. He was this super sweet guy, really lanky/skinny, probably around 6'5" and he was really worried about them dropping him since he was such a big guy. I told him "Oh, don't worry about it! We just had a group of all girls catch a beefy football player!" (Which was totally true!) Needless to say I felt horrible when they didn't catch him. woops.
Me and my hubs!
4 comments:
That sounds like a blast! I am sure the youth love having you guys around and think you are the coolest :) I would have! Laughed when you guys totally dropped that boy..you thought a bunch of girls could catch him!? ha- wish I could have been there. Love you
Looks like fun! That is so sad they dropped that kid, he is going to have trust issues forever now!
I bet you guys were the most fun leaders ever....so glad that you got to go! and LOVE the pictures!!!! :)
Fun! I still need to take Kevin to the fields of bluebonnets. Well, mostly bc I want to go. :). But looks like you guys had a great weekend. What fun leaders!
Post a Comment