Tuesday, May 5, 2009

We're Still Alive!

I know it's been awhile since we had a new post on here. But don't you worry, we're still alive, the move went relatively well, and we're getting settled here in Houston! I have tons of stuff to post, like graduation, the move, and our anniversary yesterday, but the wireless internet is slow as molasses so I'm going to wait and post everything on Thursday after Comcast gets installed. So stay tuned! To keep you a little satisfied, here's my...

Top 10 things I miss about Utah:
1. my friends
2. my home - it had some things about it I didn't like, but that was our first home together, it's a little sentimental
3. J Dawgs (I was already craving it by the second day I was here)
4. Cafe Rio
5. All the really Utah stores in the mall - I'm already wishing I had bought more Down East shirts before I left
6. The lack of bugs - I have already been eaten alive by mosquitos on more than one occasion. After living in Utah for so long, this place is like a rainforest!
7. My hair took 10 minutes to fix - here it takes like an hour
8. the mountains - personally I could care less about the mountains, but I know that's on Houston's list so I'll add it.
9. I really miss little Kaylee Pack
10. Hmm...I can't think of a tenth one yet.

11 comments:

Courtney N said...

Nothing compares to Cafe Rio and J-Dawgs!! I'm sure you'll find awesome places in Texas to eat at... : /

Ben N Nessa said...

Haha :) I loved your list. We miss you guys tons! I've caught myself looking in your parking stalls twice this week only to see them empty...I guess I keep thinking that I'll come home from work and see the Xterra or Civ...lol.

Anonymous said...

Lol we love Jdawgs too!!! We actually just went there today )I don't mean to rub that in). We miss you guys.

Folks Photography said...

utah misses you too! you left too fast haha so jealous you're in houston tho. utah is only so good for so long. gotta move on.

HolliJo said...

Oh sad. We REALLY REALLY REALLY miss you guys. I'm thinking Houston sounds better and better. I'm sure you're way busy. But we definitely need to catch up soon. I'm glad you guys made it okay. Good luck unpacking and finding stuff :). That is probably wild. Hopefully we will get to see you in a few weeks when we are down there! Oh and I love your list. Good idea on the down east shirts!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to Texas.

We'll look you guys up again next time we get lost in Houston!

Jeanine said...

We hope you guys are doing great! You'll be missed :)

Lindsay Mecham said...

mmm...Cafe Rio and JDawgs...the only two places Brent and I go out to eat. hehe.

Good luck with finishing up the move!!

P.S. Where did you move to in Houston?

Shara said...

Duh you miss us because we HECKA miss you! Also I am really craving J-Dawgs now. I'll eat it in memory of you :) We love you guys tons. Have fun in Texas!

Nate & Emily said...

I wish I had a reason to miss Utah... but I'm still here for who knows how long! So I'm sure I'll keep taking advantage of the things I would miss!! But I might have to go eat Cafe Rio tonight now, thanks to you! :) Hope the move went well! Keep in touch!

Leslie said...

Can't say that I've eaten at JDawgs, but I love Cafe Rio. We are thinking about moving too, and that will be about the only thing I will miss from Utah. I could also care less about the mountains, but they make Matt's list too.