Monday, May 11, 2009

Houston's Goodbye Party

On Houston's last day of work in American Fork all of his employees had a going away party for him. Houston told everyone that I was going to come (reminder: Houston worked overnight!) so the night before my last day of finals I went to his going away party at 2 in the morning!! I'm such a good wife, I know. But it was a lot of fun. They had grilled burgers and had two cakes and I got a chance to meet all the people he would tell me about. A lot of people were really sad to see him go, which was kind of sweet. Some ladies even cried which made Houston feel pretty awkward :) When the party was over Houston and the two other overnight managers walked me out to my car and Houston was greeted with this surprise:



haha! The other managers told some of the employees that if they finished they're work ahead of time they could go outside and wrap houston's car. It was pretty awesome. WalMart has like this monster roll of heavy heavy duty saran wrap to wrap the pallets of stuff in the back, so the guys used that to wrap the whole car. It was intense. It had layers and layers on it! And then they also proceeded to physically move the car over which I thought was pretty impressive. Needless to say, it took Houston a little while longer to get home the next morning!

No comments: