Sunday, September 14, 2008

Welcome to Provo, Pops!

My dad came to visit this weekend!!
Ever since the beginning of the summer my dad started talking about wanting to come visit to see a BYU game. My brother is starting his freshman year at Stanford soon and my dad thought he would just come for a little visit to see the BYU v. UCLA game on his way to drop my brother off at school in California.
He got here late Thursday night so we didn't get a chance to do anything, but Friday morning Houston and my dad dropped me off on campus so I could go to class and they were going to go hiking and then meet me on campus later. Apparently they had a great time and even Harley got to go on the hike! The sad news is that my crazy memory stick for my camera finally decided to stop working so they didn't get any pictures while hiking. bummer. Well they finally got to campus and Houston showed my dad around all the athletic facilities and we ate lunch at Legends Grille which was fun. Then we went on a campus tour in one of those spiffy golf carts. I told my dad if he wanted to see campus we were taking an official tour because that is just a lot of walking! He liked all the random facts and wanted to stop and go in the Museum of Art so that's where the tour ended. There was a cool exhibit about the dismantling of Geneva Steel that Houston wanted to see too, so we were very cultured on Friday. After all that we went shopping for a little bit and went out to eat at Ottavio's for Forrest's birthday. (Happy Birthday Fo!) We wanted to take him to Ottavio's because Houston and I just really like downtown Provo and how quaint it is. We had already planned on taking my dad to Sammy's for dessert and when we got there all the friends we went to Sammy's with last weekend were there again! What a quinky dink! It was a total surprise but it was cool to have my dad get to know a bunch of our friends!




Outside Sammy's with Shane and Shara (sorry Vanessa, the pic I took with you was cute but Houston's eyes were closed! you can blame it on him)

Saturday morning Houston had his LSAT prep test so my dad and I went to Kneader's together for breakfast. My fav! Gotta love that french toast. After a nice morning of relaxing we all headed out to the football game. Who knew he would have picked the awesomest game to go to?? 59-0! for real!! Even though we all got some pretty awesome sunburns we had a great time. Dad got to see the Haka, all our awesome team spirit, and after all those touchdowns I bet he almost knows the whole fight song by now! He also got a good kick out of ROTC when they do push ups after we score. He thought after all those points their arms had to hurt for sure!
HolliJo and me at the game!

the boys - Houston was way excited about the shut out

that score is just awesome!

me and my daddy! (check out my awesome raccoon-like sunburn from my sunglasses!)

After the game we came home to rest a little bit and then went out to dinner. It ended up being like a progressive dinner with appetizers at the bar in California Pizza Kitchen so Houston could watch some more football, and the rest of the meal and P.F. Changs! We all had a great time and I miss my daddy already! Thanks for coming to visit dad! Hope you had a fantastic time!

4 comments:

Tyson and Shelise said...

Thats good that your Dad had a good time, I would have liked to meet him. Harley is huge I havent seen her for a while. We need to have a "teach Shelise how to blog" party soon because i am a struggler as you know and I have SEVERAL questions that need answers!

Julie said...

I love your dad! I am so glad that he had a good time visiting you guys and what a perfect game to go to!!!! Tell him I say hi!

Ben N Nessa said...

Ah, Cristina....another wonderful post! :) You make me laugh every time! It was so fun to meet your dad. Glad you guys had such a fun time. Maybe we should have Sammy's every weekend for my b-day month...and then it will be your b-day month and we can have it every weekend for you;) Tell Houston to get his rap music and dancin' hips ready...I feel a party coming on!

Lauren Jayne said...

I know you guys are probably already restaurant connoisseurs around here but have you checked out Gloria's Little Italy? It is a really great mom and pop italian place on third south. PS your dress is super cute!