Saturday, August 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Sweet Sister!

Me and my sis when she came to visit me when I lived in California a few summers ago

Well August 1st was my sister's 30 something'th birthday and since I haven't gone to sleep yet, I'm still writing this on the right day! right? Well, I just wanted to tell her happy happy birthday! I love my sister and I miss having her around all the time. Ever since I left for college I haven't been able to spend her birthday with her and birthdays are a big deal in my family, so it's kind of sad for me. But, I sent her a birthday package ahead of schedule so she could get it on her birthday so I guess that counts a little bit. I love having a sister, we have always been really really close even though she is 11 years older than I am. Growing up she cared for me like a second mommy, I remember always loving hanging out with her and her friends in high school. The girls were always wanting to fix my hair and dress me up in clothes, and she would drive us around and take us to get smoothie king which was a special treat. To this day I know every word to Green Day's song Basket Case because of driving around with her when she was in high school. I think it was fun having a sister so much older than I am, we never really fought like some sister's do, our relationship just kind of evolved. Now we talk to each other and instead of being my second mommy, she is one of my best friends. I love her to pieces and love that whenever we get a chance to hang out with each other, we both turn into total goof balls. It is so much fun and I love having a sister to share life's moments with and I can't wait until I live in Texas again so I can see her on a regular basis.

Love you Nana!! Hope your birthday was absolutely wonderful and don't worry about getting older, you still get carded for crying out loud! :)

Just goofin around in the super long line at the Empire State Building

No comments: